Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Just a little bit about me

Hey, I'm Lindsey! I'm from Southern California and I moved across the country to a place called Danville Virginia so that I could attend Averett University for Equestrian Studies. 

People here always ask me: Why are you here? What made you come all the way across the country for this little school?  The answer is this: horses, trees, grandparents, and adventure!  For all my life in my little city back home I dreamed of living on the east coast.  Thanks to my grandparents who moved to Virginia, I would visit them during spring and summer break and I fell in love with... trees.  I'm a nature person, I like trees and my favorite color is green, what do you expect?  Back home in California we have brown hills, dead bushes, and housing tracks (the part I lived in anyway).  So last spring when my mom, my grandparents, and I went on a college road trip we found the beautiful campus of Averett University.  I was hooked.  Not only would I be living closer to my grandparents and surrounded by trees, but I would be riding and learning about horses as my major.  Life could not get more perfect!

As a horseback rider my main hub of a discipline is dressage.  This became my passion when I started riding with my trainer in California, Jennifer Cromwell of PrePferd Equestrian.  She got me to ride many different but well trained horses at her barn and she encouraged me to ride for the Dressage Team at my high school.  I showed second level on my friend's horse Nashville.  Our best score was 72% on second level test three.  Jennifer knew I had the potential of being a great rider and before I was leaving for Averett we were working on third level movements.  I love dressage.  I like the intricacy of the movements, the extended trot through MXK, the connection between horse and rider, and the way the horse actually dances across the arena.  My passion for riding is what made me want to study horses because I know its one of the most important things in my life. 

To be honest, at the moment I have no idea what I want to do after college.  I just know that it will involve horses!  I plan on finding that out within the next three years...

Anyways, that's just a little bit about me... there is more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment